Ms. Perdomo focuses her practice on intellectual property, corporate and commercial matters involving copyrights, trademarks, patents, false advertising, technology, digital media, music publishing, licensing, publicity rights, live events, table-top, and video games. Francelina represents authors, content creators and developers, music publishing, record and production companies in their ongoing business affairs. She often serves as outside general counsel to companies handling a variety of intellectual property and commercial matters.
Ms. Perdomo effectively works with her clients in creating and implementing strategic and cost-effective solutions to protect and enforce their rights. Francelina’s commercial litigation experience in state and federal courts as well as before administrative agencies such as the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) makes her a powerful resource to her clients. Her litigation experience, combined with her in-depth understanding of licensing, publishing and distribution rights enables Ms. Perdomo to swiftly handle complex intellectual property matters.
Ms. Perdomo understands the growing need of individuals and businesses for intellectual property advise in the current digital market. Her legal approach is tailored to promote the effective commercial exploitation of intellectual property rights while protecting and defending those rights against potential infringers. She also assists her clients with royalty collection claims as well as registrations and monetization of intellectual property assets. Francelina understands the importance of the commercial implications involving the multiple revenue streams that trademark and copyright portfolios create through licensing and joint venture agreements. Ms. Perdomo leads a team of distinguished legal professionals dedicated to the success of creative individual entrepreneurs and businesses in the U.S. and abroad. Ms. Perdomo also handles to cross-border commercial transactions between legal entities and individuals of multiple jurisdictions.
Fluent in Spanish
Professional Associations & Memberships
- ABA, Intellectual Property Section
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Asociación Interamericana de la Propiedad Industrial (ASIPI)
- New York State Bar Association, Entertainment and Sports Section
- Women in Film and Television
- Women in Music
- Universite De Paris I, Pantheon Sorbonne, 2000 International and Comparative Corporate Law Certificate, Corporate Law
- Cornell University Law School, 1999 - 2000 L.L.M. Degree, Focused on Contract, Corporate, Intellectual Property and ADR
- Universidad Iberoamericana (Unibe), 1995 - 1998 Doctor en Derecho Degree (J.D. Equivalent). Magna Cum Laude
- New York State
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Dominican Republic