GDB Law Practical Guides: Asset Protection for Real Estate Investors, Builders and Landlords08/17/2020
Ownership of real estate carries with it the threat of litigation from tenants, buyers, laborers, guests or even passers-by. Considering the risks, property owners should take steps to protect their assets from potential plaintiffs by employing various asset protection strategies.The attorneys in Gallet Dreyer & Berkey’s Asset Protection Practice work with landlords, builders and real estate investors to protect their assets, including their real estate and their personal property.
Below is a collection of articles on effective asset protection for property owners.
A Practical Guide to Asset Protection for Real Estate Investors, Builders and Landlords
- How and Why to Protect Your Assets
- Why Insurance is Not Enough
- How Foreign Purchasers of U.S. Real Estate Can Save Significant Taxes
- An Authoritative Guide to Offshore Asset Protection
- Efficacy of Family Limited Partnerships: A Case Study
- On the Proper Use of Family Limited Partnerships
- Creating a Safety Net for Landlords
- Landlords and Property Owners to Face Increased Lawsuits
- New Opportunities for Ownership of Co-op Apartments by Family Limited Partnerships & Trusts
- The Drywall Problem and Asset Protection
- Turning Property into a Fortress
- Real Estate Held by Family Limited Partnerships are Now Eligible for the STAR Exemption
Contact Asher Rubinstein for more information.
You may also be interested in learning more about our Real Estate Law, Construction Law, and Cooperative and Condominium Law practices.