- In December 2011, Randy J. Heller was again selected by New York Magazine as among the Best Lawyers in New York in the field of Construction Litigation for 2012.
- In November 2011, partner Marc J. Luxemburg presented two seminars at the Annual Conference of the Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums. The first was on Current Significant Legal Decisions of the Year 2011, and the second, which Mr. Luxemburg co-presented, was on Why It Is Important to Have Your Attorney Review All Contracts.
- In August 2011, Gallet Dreyer & Berkey, LLP was again selected by US News and World Report as a “First Tier” law firm (the highest honor bestowed) for its construction law and litigation practice.
- In June, 2011, partner Marc J. Luxemburg and associates Scott M. Smiler and Michelle P. Quinn presented a seminar on “Legal Aspects of Condominium and Homeowners’ Associations” as part of the Lorman Continuing Legal Education series.
- In April, 2011, the firm welcomed two new attorneys. Marc J. Luxemburg, a former partner with Snow Becker Krauss P.C. law firm, brings extensive experience in real estate law, cooperative and condominium law, and civil litigation. Edward M. Cuddy, III, also formally with the Snow Becker firm, brings extensive experience in complex commercial litigation, construction law disputes, and drafting/negotiating architectural, construction and management contracts.
- In March 2011, partner David T. Azrin was named a “Legal Eagle” by the Franchise Times magazine. Legal Eagles are the top 125 lawyers in franchising in the nation, as nominated by their peers and clients, and determined by the Franchise Times editorial board.
- In March 2011, partner Roger L. Stavis spoke as a featured panelist at an American Bar Association Luncheon on the “Proper Role of the Courts in National Security.” The presentation received excellent reviews by experienced criminal defense attorneys who attended.
- In February, 2011, partner David T. Azrin presented a seminar on “Employment Law — Avoiding Common Mistakes Which Subject Employers to Liability” for the New York City Department of Small Business Services, which was presented again in April.
- In January 2011, Partner Jay L. Hack was named second vice chair of the Business Law Section of the New York State Bar Association.
News Archive: 2011