Franchising Distribution & Licensing
Gallet Dreyer & Berkey, LLP offers the highest quality legal services for both franchisors, distributors, manufacturers, and franchisees. Few, if any, other firms offer a comparable level of insight and expertise in the area of franchising, distribution, and licensing.
Services for Franchisors
We serve both domestic and foreign companies that want to expand through franchising. Our clients include both established franchisors and companies that are recent entrants into the world of franchising. Services include:
- Franchise agreements
- Master franchise agreements
- Disclosure documents (FDD)
- Registration (if located in one of the 13 states that require registration)
- Resolution of disputes with franchisees, including litigation
- Corporate legal matters such as contracts, employment agreements, loan document review, and trademark issues
Services for Franchisees
We serve individuals and companies who are interested in becoming a franchisee, in the following matters:
- Review of disclosure documents
- Negotiation of a franchise agreement
- Resolution of disputes with franchisors, including litigation
- Review and negotiation of a lease
- Other corporate legal matters, such as corporate formation, contracts, and employment agreements
Distribution & Licensing Services
We also have expertise serving companies that would like to expand without using the franchising model. Our experience includes:
- Business opportunity licensing
- Sales representative agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Technology licensing agreements
- Trademark licensing
Why We Are Better
We distinguish ourselves from other firms that handle franchise work, in the following ways:
Litigation Expertise – Our franchise practice is led by David T. Azrin, a veteran lawyer with more than twenty-two years of experience advising and litigating franchise-related matters. David’s litigation background gives him added insight into how to structure agreements in a way that will prevent future difficulties.
Experience On Both Sides – We have experience representing both franchisors and franchisees. As a result, we fully understand the motivation of both parties – which allows us to secure the most favorable terms for you.
Vast Experience – We handle franchise work every day. As a result, we can offer you the highest quality representation.