Kyle G. Kunst has litigated commercial disputes throughout the nation in both state and federal courts, servicing a wide array of industries and clients.
His experience includes labor and employment, misappropriation of trade secrets, intellectual property and deceptive trade practices, products liability, and construction defects. Mr. Kunst also regularly counsels clients through government investigations on the state and federal levels.
- Judgment in favor of client on all causes of action after a bench trial, declaring client was entitled to more than $14 million in reimbursement for insurance premium payments, with a declaration that client was not required to make a further payment, in the New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division.
- Multi-million dollar judgment in favor of the client, including attorney’s fees, after a two-week jury trial for federal and state deceptive trade practices and misappropriation of trade secrets in the District Court of Alaska, later affirmed on appeal by the Ninth Circuit.
- Judgment in favor of the client, later affirmed on appeal, in a precedent-setting case regarding the ability of an employer to contract for the reimbursement of training costs from an employee.
- Obtained order from the District Court of New Jersey enjoining defendant from entering into a merger until defendant fully paid overdue settlement amounts.
- Obtained order reversing arbitration award of more than $2 million against the client.
- Favorable settlement for a client with defendant alleged to have violated client’s trademark using social media in a case in the District Court of Nevada.
- Favorable settlement for client, a plaintiff alleging False Claims Act whistleblower retaliation, who had also received a relator’s portion of the United States’ settlement with the defendants in the Northern District of California.
- Full dismissal of all claims by the Danville, Virginia Superior Court against the client for lack of personal jurisdiction in toxic tort/products liability action.
- Full dismissal of all claims while summary judgment pending in toxic tort/products liability action in Kings County, New York.
- Full dismissal of all claims during expert discovery in toxic tort/products liability action in the Eastern District of New York.
- Arbitration regarding breach of Department of Defense-administered contract.
- Arbitration regarding breach of contract securities purchases contract.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New York City Bar Association, Trademarks & Unfair Competition Committee
- New York Law School, J.D. 2011 cum laude
- University of California, Davis, B.A. in Economics 2007
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California