Kenneth Rubinstein’s practice focuses on domestic and international asset protection, estate planning, income tax planning, and international business entity structuring.
Mr. Rubinstein lectures extensively in the areas of estate and tax planning, and domestic and international asset protection.
Mr. Rubinstein was the author of The International Trust Act, International Foundations Act, International Limited Liability Companies Act and International Company and Trust Services Providers Act, enacted by the Government of Antigua and Barbuda in 2009. He also served as consultant to the International Financial Services Providers Association of Antigua and Barbuda, as well as Belize, and he advised government officials and financial services association leaders in various other jurisdictions. He has lectured extensively at government sponsored finance and tax symposia in Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Belize and Antigua.
- “Private Foundations World Survey” (Chapter on Antigua and Barbuda) Oxford University Press, 2013.
- “An Asset Protection Epiphany” (published on MyLegal.Com, Jan. 25, 2010)
- “I’m Not That Kind of Country” (OFC Report, 2010, and Journal of Taxation & Regulation of Financial Institutions, August 2009)
- “Tax Minimization of Foreign Hedge Fund Deferred Compensation Plans” (Hedge Fund Law Report, October 2009)
- “On The Trail of Madoff’s Money” (2009)
- “The Personal Residence and the Family Limited Partnership” (1997)
- “Private Foundations: Basic Structures and Advanced Planning” (2004)
- “Minimizing Estate Taxes With Family Limited Partnership Interests”, (New York Law Journal, April 14, 2003)
- “Doctors Under Attack: New Challenges To Financial Security” (2002)
- “Offshore Planning In A Transparent World” (2002)
- “The U.S. Taxpayer and The Foreign Trust; Can The Ultimate Asset Protection Tool Backfire?” (2002)
- “Asset Protection In The New Millennium” (2000)
- “Offshore Asset Protection and the New I.R.S. Traps” (1998)
- “Bypassing The Capital Gains Tax,” For Your Information, Financial Newsletter (August 1994)
- New York University School of Law J.D., 1979
- City College of New York, Bernard M. Baruch School of Business and Public Administration Bachelor of Business Administration, 1968
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Disticts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- Supreme Court of the United States