Primary Practice AreasBankruptcy
Real Estate Law
EDUCATIONBoston College Law School, Boston, MA, J.D.,1974
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, B.A., 1971
- Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Massachusetts, 1974; New York, 1977
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York 1978
In addition to providing general business guidance and advice and serving as real estate and corporate counsel, Mr. Brenner represents debtors and creditors in bankruptcy court in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
His litigation background, which includes appellate arguments, jury and non-jury trials, trusts and estates and bankruptcy proceedings, and the representation of guardians in contested matters, combined with his transactional experience as general counsel for businesses, including real estate companies that own and operate residential and mixed use multiple dwellings, provides Mr. Brenner with a unique skill set that permits him to identify and address a comprehensive array of client issues and concerns.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York - Member
- New York County Lawyers Association- Bankruptcy Committee, 1989 - present
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- The New York State Bar Association
LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Guest lecturer at Fordham University School of Law on issues related to bankruptcy law.
- "Chapter 13 Consumer Cases," New York County Lawyers Association, 2008 - 2013
- "Consumers and Small Businesses in Distress," New York State Bar Association, 2009
- "What Is Good Faith In Bankruptcy," American Bankruptcy Institute, 2005