Mark B. Brenner
Primary Practice Areas
Mr. Brenner serves as real estate and corporate counsel for co-op apartment, condominium unit, mixed-use multiple dwelling and general business owners, prepares estate plans, provides trust and estate administration services, and represents petitioners and guardians in Article 81 proceedings and debtors and creditors in the bankruptcy courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York where he is registered as a mediator.
His litigation background, which includes appellate arguments, jury and non-jury trials, trusts and estates and bankruptcy proceedings, and the representation of guardians in contested matters, combined with his transactional experience as general counsel for businesses, including real estate companies that own and operate residential and mixed use multiple dwellings, provides Mr. Brenner with a unique skill set that permits him to identify and address a comprehensive array of client issues and concerns.
LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Moderator of the NYSBA CLE program “Bankruptcy Practice and Procedure during the Covid-19 Pandemic, May 20, 2020. Faculty for the program included William K. Harrington, United States Trustee for Regions 1 and 2, Chief Judge Cecelia G. Morris of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, Vito Genna, Chief Clerk of the Court, and Mr. Brenner. https://nysba.ce21.com/ViewerUnAutheticatedLinkx=i3WXmJekwZYmjjkhSjnHIQ==&Ce21=true
- "Chapter 13 Consumer Cases," New York County Lawyers Association, 2008 - 2013
- "Consumers and Small Businesses in Distress," New York State Bar Association, 2009
- "What Is Good Faith In Bankruptcy," American Bankruptcy Institute, 2005
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Chair, Bankruptcy Law Committee of the New York State Bar Association’s Business Law Section, May 1, 2020.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York - Member
- New York County Lawyers Association- Bankruptcy Committee, 1989 - present
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- The New York State Bar Association
- Boston College Law School, Boston, MA, J.D.,1974
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, B.A., 1971 Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Massachusetts, 1974; New York, 1977
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York 1978