Mr. Weiss joined Gallet Dreyer & Berkey, LLP, in October 2006. Prior to joining the firm he was a member of the Commercial Litigation group at Cozen O’Connor.
Mr. Weiss has extensive knowledge and experience representing national real estate acquisition companies and developers in preparing real estate assemblages for development by clearing existing leaseholds through “buy-out”/forfeiture agreements or, when necessary, devising and implementing litigation strategy to expeditiously recover possession. Mr. Weiss’ real estate litigation experience also includes Yellowstone motions, lease/contract interpretation disputes, leasehold transfers, property alterations, and other garden variety landlord/tenant matters, from inception through judgment and appeal in Supreme and Civil Courts.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law New York, NY, J.D. 1994 Moot Court Honor Society 1992 - 1993
- Brooklyn College, City University of New York Brooklyn, NY, B.S. 1990 Summa Cum Laude Honors: Dean's list (1988 - 1990); Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society; Major: Accounting
- New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1995