Mr. Goldberg has practiced construction law for over 40 years on all sides of the construction triangle (contractor owner designer), including materialmen, engineers retained by architects, inspectors approving the release of monies under building loans, and sureties. He emphasizes insurance coverage in his handling of matters.
Mr. Goldberg has been involved in large and small matters—ranging from large metropolitan convention centers to residential homes, book warehouse roofing to apartment masonry waterproofing, water tunnels one hundred feet below ground to high rise office buildings, and public and private work. He has been involved in many types of construction varying from preliminary trades such as excavation and foundations, heavy construction work such as concrete and steel, to specialties such as HVAC and electrical contractors.
- "Contract Third-Party Beneficiaries and Duplicative Causes Against An Architect," New York Law Journal, May 24, 2018 (author)
- “The Owner’s Duty to Coordinate Multi-Prime Contractors, A Condition of Cooperation,” 28 Emory Law Journal 377 (1979)(cited by 5 reported courts)
- “Subcontractor Pass Through Claims in New York,” New York State Bar Association Journal, July/August 1993
- “Legal Malpractice Before Grabbing and Leaving,” New York Law Journal, August 3, 2010
- “The Architect’s Duty to Correct His Design During the Construction Phase and/or Warn of His Error,” The Construction Lawyer, January 1988
- “Foundation Failures,” The Construction Lawyer, Fall 1982 (co-author)
- “Trends in Asbestos Litigation: Recovering The Costs of Abatement,” New York Law Journal, November 28, 1988 (co-author)
- “Legal Aspects of Temporary Support for Open Cut Construction,” Public Contract Law Journal, August 1975 (co-author)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New York State Bar Association—Construction and Surety Law Division Newsletter, Assistant Editor 1978-1980, Editor 1981-1987
- American Bar Association
- Selected to become a Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America, an invitation-only construction lawyer honorary society.
- New York University School of Law New York, New York, 1974 Cum Laude
- Univeristy of Chicago Chicago, Illinois 1971 Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
- New York, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern District of New York, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2007