Primary Practice AreasConstruction Law
EDUCATIONNew York University School of Law
New York, 1979
Ithaca, New York, 1976
- New York, 1980
- New Jersey, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern District, 1980
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1998
Randy J. Heller
For over forty years, Mr. Heller has specialized in construction law and litigation, representing some of the largest and most successful contractors in the nation.His clients have been involved in the rebuilding of the World Trade Center site; the extension of NYC subway lines; the building of the new Yankee Stadium and Citi Field; and the renovation of major bridges, roadways and water pollution plants, among other notable projects. He has been a regular moderator and panelist for Lorman Seminars, teaching other lawyers and contractors about construction law, claims preparation and the intricacies of mechanic’s liens and payment and performance bonds. Mr. Heller has tried numerous multi-million dollar cases to verdict and has frequently represented clients in arbitration and mediation. He has taught construction law at the C.W. Post campus of Long Island University and consulted with the NJ legislature on their revision to the NJ Lien Law. In 2009, Mr. Heller was selected to be a Member of the Construction Industry Arbitration Panel of the American Arbitration Association. This is an elite designation open to only the most accomplished experts in the construction community. He is annually selected as a Super Lawyer and a Best Lawyer in America.
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Lawyers® has named Randy J. Heller NYC's "Lawyer of the Year" for excellence in Construction Litigation in 2020.
- His firm has achieved a National Tier 1 Best Law Firm Ranking for its Construction Law practice by the U.S. News & World Report since 2015.
- Selected to become a Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America, an invitation-only construction lawyer honorary society.
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer” every year since 2008. This is an honor given to fewer than five percent of the state’s most respected attorneys.
- Selected as among “Best Lawyers in America”
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Construction Industry Arbitration Panel of the American Arbitration Association
- New York State Bar Association – Real Estate Section, Construction Law Committee
- New York City Bar Association