Randy J. Heller
Primary Practice Areas
For over forty years, Mr. Heller has specialized in construction law and litigation, representing some of the largest and most successful contractors in the nation.
His clients have been involved in the rebuilding of the World Trade Center site; the extension of NYC subway lines; the rebuilding of Yankee Stadium and Citi Field; and the renovation of major bridges, roadways, and water pollution plants, among other notable projects. Although he represents developers, contractors and construction managers on major bid/build and design/build projects, he continues to represent subcontractors and design professionals on more traditional commercial and residential work. He is regularly involved in teaching other lawyers and contractors about construction law, claims preparation, and the intricacies of mechanic’s liens. Mr. Heller has tried numerous multi-million-dollar cases to verdict and has frequently represented clients in arbitration and mediation. He has consulted with the NJ legislature on their revision to the NJ Lien Law. Since 2009, Mr. Heller has been a Member of the Construction Industry Arbitration Panel of the American Arbitration Association. This is an elite designation open to only the most accomplished experts in the construction community. He is annually selected as a Super Lawyer and a Best Lawyer in America. He was voted Best Construction Litigator in the New York metropolitan area in 2020.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member of the Construction Industry Arbitration Panel of the American Arbitration Association
- New York State Bar Association – Real Estate Section, Construction Law Committee, Dispute Resolution Section
- Charter Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- New York University School of Law New York, 1979
- Cornell University Ithaca, New York, 1976
- New York and New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Lawyers® has named Randy J. Heller NYC's "Lawyer of the Year" for excellence in Construction Litigation in 2020.
- His firm has achieved a National Tier 1 Best Law Firm Ranking for its Construction Law practice by the U.S. News & World Report since 2015.
- Selected to become a Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America, an invitation-only construction lawyer honorary society.
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer” every year since 2008. This is an honor given to fewer than five percent of the state’s most respected attorneys.
- Selected as among “Best Lawyers in America”